Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave Jones wrote:
"Dermot O'Loughlin" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,

I am building a new house that has a living room with a high

ceiling
(6 meters high). I am considering purchasing a ceiling fan to help
push hot air down from the ceiling. What I want to know is does it
matter how close to the ceiling I install the fan for this purpose?

know that the fan should be about 7 feet above the ground if used

for
summer cooling but for my requirements is this necessary?

no

If your not to advanced in the building stage, I would go with a heat

recovery system, rather than a fan.

I'd go with both. And some other things too.

Yeah - like a ceiling and another floor half way up :-)