Phil Addison

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:18:26 GMT, in uk.d-i-y "Andy"
wrote:

"Phil Addison" wrote in message

When I pulled up some lino-tiles many years ago I was pleasantly
surprised to find the adhesive was water soluble. I ripped up the tiles
and gave the remaining goo a good sponging over with hot water and the
resulting goo was easily scraped off leaving clean boards.

Mind you, I would preferred to have discovered this before spending
hours scraping half of it off dry!!

Phil

I've taken up a sample of the adhesive and currently soaking it in
water to see if owt happens! Water soluble would be nice but not
sure if it would have been used in a kitchen environment originally!

Mine were in the kitchen, but was circa 1970.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me