gary watson

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:52:40 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

"gary watson" wrote in message
.. .
Evening all,

.......... snip, snip ...8

I hope someone can offer some suitable advice.

Yours, annoyed and frustrated,

Gary.

Have you tried wearing a pair of Marigolds to give better grip. I use this
technique and if that fails I do as you said, smash the bulb and withdraw
the threaded part with long nosed pliers. If you do this hold a bucket over
the bulb and smash it with a screwdriver handle. Turn of the power first
and wear goggles!! By the way, they do actually weld themselves to the
fitting due to the on/off and heat over a period of time, try 'tightening'
them first aswell in order to break the seal.

HTH

John

I tried the marigolds - a good suggestion - I got a much better grip -
but I still can't get the thing to loosen - as I said it has a bit of
play - I've twisted the bulb in both directions dozens of times but it
just doesn't seem to loosen - in the past they've always (eventually)
submitted to bare finger pressure and a combination of wiggling and a
few twists in either direction.

I think I'll wait until I'm at home during the daylight this coming
weekend and resort to the pliers method.

Thanks for your (and everyone else's) suggestions,

Gary