Unisaw A100

wch wrote:
I see the word "Borg" refering to Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. here... I'm
wondering how the term originated. I'm guessing that it refers to the Borg
cube from "Star Wars, the Next Generation" being compared to the large
square buildings of above mentioned stores??

Well, it was November 19, 1998 at exactly 12:00 A.M. when
Eddie Munster sat down at his keyboard, composed and sent:

Subject: The Borg

The Borg have arrived. I have recently seen a post calling
HD the goliath. Well that me be so but my friend, but I call
them the Borg. And so does my friend, The Dinger!!!! Beware
the Dinger!!!! He always speaks the truth.

They, assimilate. Yes you, little mom and pop hardware
store. The competitive pricing policy will eat you alive
and assimilate you. It will take the most thoughtfull human
and he will turn you in for ten percent of the price
difference. We are all guilty, admit it...

The staff there will call it "working for the orange cube.
We know it is a Borg Cube!!

The whereabouts of Eddie are unknown today but I'm thinking
he became aggregate for a slab poured for a brand new Home
Depot. Dinger has not been heard from either.

BTW, I do enjoy the warped sense of humor that seems to be yet another
common factor among WWer's here.

We're just warming up.

UA100