Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:19:04 GMT, pyotr filipivich wrote:
I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Dave Hinz
wrote back on 21 Feb 2005 18:33:34 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
On 21 Feb 2005 09:27:13 -0800, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz says...

You sir have just dated yourself rather severely.

Oh, damn. "Do you believe in the hereafter? Well, then I guess
you know what I'm here after..."
You would not have known about that unless you were...

Er, Old?

Yes, old.

Ouch. That's harsh, you know that?

Or possibly just suffering from premature Senior Moments.

Does it help to mention I first watched 'em as reruns? That's not
entirely true, I remember as a young kid watching them with my
folks and not laughing at the same times or (apparently) for the
same reasons as my parents were laughing.

It was "Gary Owens". Not the guy who wrote the tune for the 7th Cav,
but "This is Gary Owens saying 'this is Gary Owens.'"

Right, he was the announcer guy, right?

Carl Rowan was some nut in a tree suit, thought he was the fourth
singer in the Trio "Oak Ash and Thorn".

Ah, the fourth member of the trio. Is that like the Hitchhiker's Guide
trilogy (all 5 books)?