William W. Plummer

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Henry H. Hansteen" wrote in message

Looks like my sister's 12 year old house has a problem.
She just had to have her bathroom torn up to repair a
pinhole leak, and the plumber told her that this is
just the beginning. We found a company that claims it
can coat the insides of the pipes with epoxy, which
seems more appealing than replumbing the entire house.
Can this work?
Henry

She must live in a region of rally nasty water for tubing to go in 12 years.
I have heard of it happening in some places in the west.

Rather that try to coat the existing tubing, replace it with PEX. Easy to do
compared to copper, reasonable cost, won't corrode.

PEX is not suitable for fresh water in some states. Your hot water
pipe will go along with your heating system pipes.