Duane Bozarth

"Henry H. Hansteen" wrote:

Looks like my sister's 12 year old house has a problem.
She just had to have her bathroom torn up to repair a
pinhole leak, and the plumber told her that this is
just the beginning. We found a company that claims it
can coat the insides of the pipes with epoxy, which
seems more appealing than replumbing the entire house.

I've never heard of widespread pinholes in Cu, certainly not in 12
years.
Is it a joint or the tubing leak? I can believe poor job of
installation but unless it was some reject tubing or there's a real
water quality issue I'm having trouble believing widespread tubing
failures...

As for the lining, that's something I'm not aware of...possible I
suppose, although I'd want to investigate thoroughly before committing.