Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Just spoke to the technical dept on Vokera's customer helpline and
they've confirmed that i need a new o ring (part number 0716). Curzon
(who do on-line sales at http://www.curzoncare.co.uk) has an outlet
close by so i'll pick one up tomorrow morning before work.

Engineer on the phone said that if i remove the two bolts which screw
towards the centre, beside the part he called the manifold (the disc
shape thing), it should separate from the manifold and i should see the
o ring. Apparently this pipe/valve i am loosening is only meant to
have two bolts in it, even although it has threaded holes for four.

Cheers for your advice & tips Paul about replacing the o ring. By the
sounds of it, i won't be able to get it finished without help - however
will give it a go, and make sure i have hi-temp sealant at the ready.

Probably give it a go tomorrow night.

cheers

Daljit

If you procure the correct or ing you just need a lubricant when you assemble it, we use spit. in my post I mentioned ht silicone grease, that was not instead of an o ring but to accompany reassembly of the existing o ring. New o rings don't require anything but a small amount of lubricant (spit) to ensure they are not snagged on assembly.

Sounds like you could manage it alright. remember to open up all three isolations after you've done job, refiull from filling loop, turn off gas valve, run boiler to clear air locks in heat exchanger, pressing reset as required run it let it rest run it let it rest etc etc until no more air sounds. Turn on gas valve, let it light, Bob's yer uncle.