Lurch

Default Downlights in UPVC Cladding.

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:42:06 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Peter Taylor"
strung together this:

Lurch wrote
Is Lead a good or poor conductor of heat in comparison to the steel
clips ?

I think you'll find something non-conductive better. You seem to be
struggling with this heat\melt\conduct equation. Wood or plasterboard
would be the better material to use.

Totally agree about non-conductive, but I'm not sure about wood. I would be
worrying about it burning.

I suppose you could look at it like that, it won't get *that* hot
though. Each to their own.

And plasterboard + PVC would be too thick wouldn't
it?

I wouldn't have thought so.

As a suggestion, how about cutting doughnuts out of those fibreglass mats
used by plumbers for shielding a blowtorch?

Could be a bit pricier than bits of old plasterboard though.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.