max

I set out all of my diamond stones in a shallow pan of water, because I
donšt want them immersed, I want a slurry. You have to make sure there are
no large nicks on the edge or it will take forever. I use a belt sander with
a finish grade belt to remove damage. I then insert the blade in the holder
and use heavy pressure on the black stone until the entire face of the bevel
is uniform. I then switch stones and repeat. The final is a Japanese water
stone.. This takes more care to use because it is easier to saddle the stone
and ruin your edge. Sometimes I then buff on a hard felt wheel.

max

When you say that you run through the 4 stones do you mean different
grits of diamond or water stone? 10 minutes per blade sounds
impressive. Would appreciate some detailed directions.