Hi guys. I do really appreciate all your inputs in this matter. This
is probably my second last home i will ever purchase. i dont like
moving around, and jsut the idea of moving out makes me shiver. I
sold my previous place due to my growing family ( got married and got
two kids now ) ebfore i was single and a 850 sqt home was more than
adequate for a bachelor.

Anyhow,

back to my real state dealing hell

I found out the following.

there are two parties that own the current house I want to go for.
Apparently one of the owners wants out and has moved away. they owned
the house for just about 1 year. Purchased of the home was at 148,0000
just over 1 year and a half ago. - Yes, it jumped 50k in a year.
Prices in the fraser valley tend to go up and up. Its a game that
people play, sit and wait , or pay a premium for a house. The market
has not really moved ( Hot market ) as it was 1 year ago. Most houses
are taking a while to sale even at 200k. For instance, there was
another property I was looking at (209k) fairly good size and it has
been sitting for 6 months now. no buyers.

My gripe with the the deal I am going through is mainly to the fact
that I was told that my offer would be accepted after the open house (
given that no offer higher than mine came up, i guess ) It really
bothers me that my agent didnt think of putting this up in writting.

-Update

as per my previous post, the agent called me out of the blues and has
advised me that they are willing to take 197 for the house now. thats
2k more than i maxed out at my last offer. However this time I told
my agent. " Write it down , on legal paper, have the owner sign it
stating that they are accepting the offer at 197" if they dont do so,
I will not sign any offers at all. If this last ditch to saev the
deal falls through, I am gone elsewhere. The house has been on the
market for 3 months now, so I really doubt its going to be moving
soon. If it does, oh well. next house I guess.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:29:01 GMT, "Travis Jordan"
wrote:

shinypenny wrote:
Perhaps there is a way to save the deal that would be win-win for
both: go with the $197, but ask the seller to throw in $2K's worth of
something. Fixtures, window treatments, furniture, fireplace irons,
needed repairs, more favorable closing date, kick-back to help with

Very good advice. Except I'd ask for a minimum of $7K in 'gimmies' to
start.