Doug Miller

In article , mike wrote:
I'm comfortable doing plumbing and electric repairs, but know only the
basics of "code."

Any recommendations for books explaining codes for residential plumbing
and electric?

The McGraw-Hill "National Electrical Code Handbook" is good. So is "Plumbing
for Dummies" (*not* part of the recent "... for Dummies" series from, IIRC,
Prentice-Hall, this book was first published more than 20 years ago).

I've been looking online because there's nothing in the local stores
beyond the basic how-to's. "Audel's Guide to the 2005 NEC" looks like
it might be helpful. For plumbing, I was looking at "2003 International
Plumbing Codes Handbook" by R. Dodge Woodson.

Opinions or suggestions?

I'm not familiar with either of those books, but places like Home Depot and
Lowes have a good selection of books that are quite good.

--
Regards,