JerryMouse

Steve Rush wrote:

We need a new bathroom fixtu a combination faucet and bucket hook,
with a volumetric valve to automatically refill the bucket. That
way, you would always have an extra gallon or two of water to make
that damn Federally-mandated "water saving" toilet actually work when
you really need it to. For the rest of the world: it is now
_illegal_ in the United States to install an old-style
3-gallons-per-flush toilet.

This is but another example of our government working at cross-purposes.

On the one hand, as you point out, there are federal regulations on toilets
designed to conserve water.

On the other hand, there are minions in the government encouraging us to eat
more fruits and vegetables.

Now fruits and vegetables generate a lot of "floaters," whereas meat (yum)
generate more "sinkers."

The "sinkers" flush easily, whereas the "floaters" are difficult to wash
down, resulting in more flushes and, in extreme cases, having to be removed
from the bowl by hand!

There ought to be a department of "Setting Priorities."