billy bones

Default Attic storage

Hey all! First time poster here but have learned much from this group. I
have a question and need to pick your brains. I want to start storing things
in my attic but there is no heat or air cond. to it. There is two open vents
on each side and that is it. I want to store things such as pictures,
blankets, Christmas lights and such. My question is this: what do I need to
do to make this happen to keep these items safe from damage. I would think
the heat in the summer would be worse than the cold in the winter. There is
no insulation except between the floor joices. I don't want to get into
heating the attic because I cannot afford that kind of a project right now.
your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I live in Pittsburgh. cold winters and hot summers.