tomeshew tomeshew is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemqueries
Hello. My washing machine won't stop filling with water. The previous
residents of this house left the water faucets open all the time, and I
believe the valve may be broken (of course, there may be another
problem, but this is my first thought). I'd like to replace the valve
and see whether that helps. Before beginning this project, I will turn
off the water at the main shut off valve for the whole house. Please
tell me whether I need to turn off the water heater. It is a gas
powered water heater. I asked several people at the hardware store, and
they said that I do not need to turn off the water heater, but I'd like
to hear your thoughts. Also, if you have any other tips on this
project, please let me know. Thanks.
You don't need to turn off the water heater supply. Just kill the pressure in the lines before you open the plumbing up! Tom
Work at your leisure!