Jim Adney

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:04:29 GMT "NSM" wrote:

"Jim Adney" wrote in message
.. .

Or is it more likely to be power line interference?

But from where? The rectifier?

Yes, that's always been my assumption. (Or rather that there's
distortion of the AC line waveform where the rectifier conduction
turns on and off.) My TV gets "hum bars" on it whenever the microwave
is on. The bars are clearly tied to the line frequency. I see 2 "hum
bars" per TV frame, so I believe that this indicates 120 Hz. A full
wave rectifier would produce a 120 Hz pattern, while a magnetic flux
problem would be 60 Hz.

My TV is 15' from the microwave, so I really don't think that it's the
leakage flux from the transformer.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA