Rob Mitchell

GregP wrote:
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:36:57 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

No, that won't wash. You've been caught once again, posting nonsense, then
ducking the issue when challenged. Same old story. You've posted too many
falsehoods already to have any credibility at all.

A "falsehood" to you is anything that your fundamentalism
won't let you accept or learn about.

Bottom line: You made the claim, you prove it's true.

When I see you do that a few times, maybe I will begin to
return the courtesy. But your pov is that of an extremist's:
what you think & believe is automatically self evident & true.

One reference to the German-American Bund is
http://motlc.wiesenthal.com/text/x08/xm0805.html

Another
http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/kade/merrill/lesson5.html

An eyewitness report of the New York chapter is here.
http://www.longwood.k12.ny.us/histor...rican_bund.htm

This latter report only mentions partison politics in a passing way.
The Wiesenthal text does not mention any Repub. conspiracy. The ulib
report does mention that in the '20s Germans tended to favour the
Republican party. (Hardly a conspiracy)

This page however ( http://www.winterboy.com/dejavu4.html ) does list
several pro-Nazi quotes from Republican and Democrat
congressmen/senators, and mentions the invitation from Senator Gerald
Nye to have a German-American Bund member speak in the Senate. I found
these quotes pretty shocking. Note that the winterboy sight is just
some individual by the look of it. The quotes were attributed however.

GregP, if you have some other information, I'd be interested to see it.
Seems there was pro-Nazi sentiment on both sides of the political
spectrum back then.