Andy Hall

Default Update from mobile phone virgin on Virgin Mobile

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:20:19 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

I have now received my phone! And I am extremely disappointed, though
not surprised.

Why am I not surprised either? :-)

What a flimsy, lightweight little thing it is. The back
cover was so hard to remove in order to fit the SIM and the battery. I
am 58 and my fingers don't work quite like a sixteen-year-old's.

The main target market is 8-20 year-olds and they replace them every
few months as they go out of fashion.

And
then neither the quick start guide nor the full manual gave any
indication of how *far* to slide in the SIM. I rested it first in the
outline with the cutout matching the cutout in the outline. Who knows?
Then, having inserted the battery and replaced the crappy little
cover, thinner than a French letter, I switched it on. It said: Insert
SIM. Then it was even harder to remove the cover. This time I slid the
SIM into the slot (God knows how it could ever be removed again if it
had to be). And this time the phone worked!

But what a little incy-wincy device! Ugh! I hate it already. I had to
rush into the sitting room to hold my real BT phone for a minute or
two, a decent size for a man's hand. These mobiles are horrid
k-e-r-a-p! Oh, why will no one buy my house so that I can get that
sledgehammer?

Logically, if you get the sledgehammer, you should find a buyer
forthwith. Parkinson's law.

Very unhappy, very demoralised, very much poorer - but I suppose it
will serve the purpose intended. Now I know what it means to lose
one's virginity. It's an ugly business. I'm not kidding. I hate it.

MM

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl