Tom Miller

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:59:36 GMT, Phisherman wrote:

| I'm thinking about getting a gas-powered chainsaw, perhaps 16" or
| less, and wondered model/brands folks like best or worked well. I'm
| considered Stihl and Husqvarna. Any other quality brands? I have
| about 150 trees, probably an occasional use of the chainsaw. TIA

I bought a Stihl MX 210c a year and a half ago to replace a
20-year-old Homelite. I like the Stihl quite a bit -- I've used it
four or five times, most recently to cut up a 35-foot mature crabapple
tree that blew over in the wind. The saw is a nice size for a
homeowner, but powerful enough for some real work.

At first I had some annoying trouble getting it started when cold
without flooding it, but once I learned the trick it works perfectly
and starts right up (choke it full and pull once only, then choke it
half and start it. Ignore the instruction booklet). Adjusting the
chain is easy, getting the gas and chain oil caps on and off with
gloves on is easy. I hate the safety brake, which seems bogus to me,
but they all come with that and I use it.

Now if my old aching joints and back were as good as the saw....