tom wrote:
On 21 Feb 2005 10:46:55 -0800, wrote:

I have a torch (torche, whatever) lamp that has a broken socket and
I don't seem to be able to find a replacment. I tried to order one
through a local lighting store and it's been back-ordered for months
and I can't turn on up searching the web.
Where can I get this part? Can anyone recommend a lighting parts
supplier on the web? TIA.

Not on the web, but I believe Home Depot and lowes have replace ment
parts. Give them a call for traveling over.

If it were only that simple. I haven't checked Lowes, actually, but
the guy at Home Depot looked at me like I was crazy. They have lots of
basic brass lamp fittings but nothing like I'm looking for. I may try
Lowe's.

In the mean time, a different search found
http://www.jalanes.com/
which has a "bakelite socket with lock ring". But their website isn't
very good and I haven't been able to order one or see how much it would
cost to ship.