George E. Cawthon

Howie wrote:
We are planning to install laminate flooring in our kitchen made by a
company called Kaindl. They say to install the flooring in the same
direction to the natural light. We are going to install the snap+silent
laminate in our kitchen.

A install guy at Home Depot says that the flooring should be installed
perpendicular to the natural light coming into the room, otherwise if you
install it parallel to natural light you get a "bowling alley" effect...
The instructions state "Snap+ silent panels should always be installed in
the direction of the main light source".

(http://www.kaindl.com/en/shift/snap_...us_silent.shtm
l) ...

Install it parallel, not perpendicular??... what do we do?

anyone?

Howie

Don't have a clue what bowling alley effect is.
But as a general rule install it parallel with the
light direction just like you do with carpet nap,
unless there is some over-riding consideration.
With wood floor it will tend to make the joints
less visible. Over-riding considerations are the
general shape of the room, required cutouts, and
multiple light sources.