kato

"Jon Dogin" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can give me some suggestions for cutting scrap
double strength glass. I picked up a few pieces from the local junkyard.
They look to be pieces from a stereo cabinet - about 48"x12" and almost a
quarter of an inch thick. I'm trying to cut the pieces to size so that I
can use them as tops for some fish tanks. Mainly I need to do long cuts

split them in half. I was hoping to get this done at the local hardware
store, but was told that the glass that I have is double strength and that
I'd have to go to a glass shop. The glass shops are charging about

$6/cut -
that's more than I paid for the individual pieces of glass. I had one
person reccomend that I use a tile cutter for this job. Anyone have
experience using a tile cutter to cut double strength glass or have a
better/cheaper method? Thanks in advance for any help.

The glass may be tempered, pay the $6 a cut and avoid slashing your wrists.