blah

Default Update from mobile phone virgin on Virgin Mobile

Andy Hall wrote:
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:28:59 +0100, Mike Mitchell
wrote:

Having received a lot of useful advice from you guys, I placed an
order today for the Virgin Mobile £39.99 package with the Siemens A50
phone!

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. Just a few more (daft?) questions:

- Is it the case that ALL incoming calls (calls, text, whatever) are
free to me? I have a feeling that I once read somewhere that certain
types of calls or data uninitiated by me can still cost me money.

Retrieval of voicemail messages normally costs

Not on Virgin Mobile.

as does receiving text
messages.

Only premium rate ones.

However, there are normally so many text messages included
in the package and after that having text is normally 10p or less.

That is for sending.

- Is the phone number allocated as part of the package or do I have
to call Virgin first?

Normally it's on a sheet inside the package, along with the SIM,

Often there is a registration procedure. If you do this, there may be
some free airtime.

- If the phone is switched off, does that mean that callers are
automatically rerouted to voicemail to leave me a message?

Yes.

You can normally set the phone to divert based separately on three
criteria:

- Busy
- Off
- No answer

Each diversion can be to voicemail or to a landline phone (or another
mobile if you want). Alternatively you can set no divert and the
caller will get a tone or an announcement.

Not on Virgin mobile you can't. Diverts are to voicemail or nothing.

- What else should newbies be aware of? (Muggers?)

Unlikely you'd be mugged for your Siemens A50...

For mobiles:

Don't leave on view in the car when parked or on the front seat if
driving with doors unlocked.

Make sure you keep it charged

Don't drive with it in your hand

If use is rare, keep an eye on topup expiry