Joseph Meehan

Doug Miller wrote:
In article
,
"JerseyMike" wrote:
how do you get rid of these furry little terrors??

I use a Havahart trap, baited with crackers and peanut butter, then
relocate
them to a nearby wooded area.

Almost. Nearby is not the right term to use unless you want them back.
Far away is better. An a field area is better than woods for them.

While I would tend to try and relocate them, it may not be all that
successful from the chipmunk's perspective. It is hard on them to make a
living in a new area.

If you'd rather just kill them, I expect a rat trap would do the job.
If
there's any possibility of children or pets getting caught, though,
this isn't
a good idea. Rat traps will break bones in paws and little hands.

Or you could get a cat, or a terrier.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math