Nate Perkins

(Doug Miller) wrote in
om:

In article . 201,
Nate Perkins wrote:

You want to quibble about paperwork and wording,

You obviously didn't read, or didn't comprehend, *anything* I wrote.

Come back when your reading comprehension improves.

Not likely, Doug. Your quibbling, hairsplitting, and word games are a
complete waste of my time.

I'll try one more time, after which I'll be forced to write you off as
completely uneducatable.

Please do, Doug. The discussions with you are circular, pointless, and
uninteresting. I would not be disappointed not to continue them.

This is not "quibbling, hairsplitting, [or] word games," Nate. This is
a statement of plain facts:

The UN mandated that Saddam destroy his WMDs under UN supervision so
that everybody in the world would know that they had been destroyed.

He didn't do that.

I assume you know that all of the President's own chief inspectors
declared that they were destroyed shortly after the first Gulf War.

Therefore the primary reason for invading Iraq was wrong.

Now if you want to argue that we were justified in launching a
preemptive war on the basis of technicalities, go right ahead. It's
clear to me that you are reaching to find a justification for what you
and others were intent on doing anyway.

You seem to be suggesting that without WMD and without 9/11 links, the
Congress and public would have supported the Iraq invasion just because
the correct technicalities weren't followed in 1991. Good luck with
that one.

p.s. UNSCR 707 demanding Full, Final, and Complete Declaration was
enacted AFTER Iraq had unilaterally destroyed much of their CW. See the
Duerfler report timeline.

He might have destroyed them, he might have hidden them, he might have
cooked and eaten them. Whatever he did with them, he did in secret.

Therefore, NOBODY KNOWS what happened to them, except for Saddam and
the people working for him.

We do know what the President's own chief investigators have concluded.
Why not accept the facts as determined by the multiple investigators? I
think you are in denial.

I find it bizarre, to say the least, that you assume on this basis
that they were in fact destroyed.

I find it bizarre that despite the multiple reports and overwhelming
evidence that some of you continue to believe in some WMD conspiracy
theory.