max

I have large diamond stones and one of those roller jigs. I mount a blade
and run through 4 stones and then the 6000 grit Japanese water stones in
about 10 minutes per blade. Once the blade goes in to the jig it doesn't
come out until the bevel and back are polished to a mirror shine.
max

I found a great detailed website by Brent Beach about sharpening plane
blades. Maybe some people haven't seen it here.

http://www3.telus.net/BrentBeach/Sharpen/

It was a really good read. I'd like to know what he thinks of
sharpening chisels and other tools.

Peter

Looks like a great site, thanks. I was sharpening plane blades and
a chisel all night, still have to put them across 1200 grit (all done
on glass). Five blades in all. The #6 Hock HCS blade is done. So,
while it's all set up I think I'll do more blades that I have.