Ted Edwards

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
An easy way to do that is to make a stop setup on your mill table such that
you can locate the two bars, one at a time, by banking off the stops.

I've used this method with good success.

An acid or small paint brush can be used to apply it. You'll get a much
cleaner hole that way, and prevent chips welding to the drill.

This risks catching a brush bristle in the works. I like to drip
cutting fluid on the work with a large hypodermic fitted with a blunted
needle. I'm talking a 30 to 60 cc hypo obtained from a rural pharmacy
or vet supplier.

Ted