Danny Kewl

Thanks, I think this was pretty much my problem too.

"blah" wrote in message
I had a similar problem, and it was caused by the exhaust being blocked.

It
probably hadn't been cleaned in years (the previous owners of the house

sold
it to us.)

It eventually blew a fuse in the dryer. I replaced the fuse and cleaned

the
exhaust, and it was as good as new.
"Danny Kewl" wrote in message
Hi, someone gave me an old Montgomery Ward gas clothes dryer a few

months
back. The model # is LNC8375A80. This may be an 1982 or so model, as it
reference something or another about 1982 on the info plate.

The dryer worked pretty decent, maybe a little noisy, but heated good
until
a couple of weeks ago. There's some heat, but weak, and if I set the

timer
for say 90 minutes, it seems to start getting warm, but if I go and

check
it
after about an hour, there's no heat and the clothes stay wet. If I
restart
it at 90 minutes again, it will usually get just luke warm again, and
maybe
stay that way, eventual getting my clothes dry in 4 hours or so, after
restarting a few times.

What should I look for to try to resolve the heat problem. I keep the

lint
filter clean. I can't find any info on that dryer online, so I don't

know
what else to look for, as any other vents that may be clogged, etc.
Anything
inside that I have to take apart/install I'll call a repair guy, but
again,
anything I can look for as something clogged, etc. The vent going

outside
is
not the most secure, but it gets warm, but that only exhausts, not bring
inside air as far as I know. Thanks in advance.