Andrew Chesters

Old Bill wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

4square wrote:

Does anyone know why a digital picture from freeview box should flicker
slightly? OK apart from that. The analogue signal is good. I am
suspecting a fault with the box. Any advice appreciated.

Mine does as well. I think its the digitisation.

I wouldn't call that flicker though. You do get pixelisation and blocks
of graphics when interference occurs.
Flickering may be due to OP using RF output of Freeview box instead of
scart

It sounds to me like you are suffering from "impulse" interference.
Caused by other appliances switching. Worst offenders in my house are
CH pump and the little man in the fridge who switches the light on. No
idea why these cause more problems than others though...