km

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:10:59 +0000, km wrote:

I have a Creda Reflection oven which recently lost a side screw on the
main oven door. Whilst fixing it the outer glass/stainless steel door
came adrift at the bottom.

From what I can see (I haven't dismantled it yet) the outer panel was
held in place by an adhesive(black) and a "sticky" pad into which is
set a very flimsy metal bracket which is fixed on to the inner oven
door by one screw.

Can anyone advise what product I will need to repair this. I assume
that when I dismantle the door I will need to scrape off the old
material and reapply heat resistent glue - will "Plastic Padding's
Super Steel Epoxy Weld" do the job or is there a product available for
this specific job?

I can foresee problems keeping everything in place while it sets as
there seems to be a danger that the outer door will catch on the
bottom part of the frame when it is opened, if there is any slight
mis-alignment.

Any tips would be appreciated.

KM

In case anyone else may have an interest in this.

There is an adhesive sold at:

www.intek-uk.com

KM