Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

We're doing a major rennovation of a large victorian property, and in
the first mishap in a few months, last night a foot went through the
neighbours ceiling. Luckily she wasn't in bed at the time; unluckily
that part of the ceiling hadn't yet been cleaned of dust & debris and
so that all ended up downstairs, although half an hour with Numatic
Charles and the mess was pretty much gone.

The question now is how best to repair the hole satisfactorily and
without too much expense, and advice from the group is most welcome
here! Ideas that came to mind so far a

Depends what the existing finish is, to a degree. If it's just paint I would
square off the hole, stick a larger piece over the hole in the loftspace,
cut another piece to fit into the hole, from the neighbours room, obviously,
and "glue" it to the hole-covering piece, make good with filler and paint.

I'd also bevel the edges of the cuts and the fill-in piece to reduce the
possibility of it being easily visible.

Si