Mark D. Zacharias

Compressed air is not adequate for anything which puts a film on the lens. A
cotton swab moistened but not dripping with window cleaner or pure alcohol
works fine. One should follow with a dry one to get any residue. This will
often cure the OP's problem.

Mark Z.

"Terrence Philips" wrote in message

"Pritesh" wrote in message
oups.com...
Do all cd lens cleaner work or only some work like cd cleaner which
only some work ? Which one do you recommend is this best ? Which stores
or websites could I buy it from ? I live in the UK. I don't want to
waste money and time buying cleaners that don't work like I did for cd
cleaners which I brought 2 different brands & none of them worked.

How can you tell that the lens is dirty? Is it because it is not reading
CD's properly any more?

Try using compressed air to clean the lens and avoid anything that could
potentially scratch the lens. If that doesn't work, the laser probably
needs replacing.