Kiwanda

Prometheus wrote in
:

The substrate is going to be a sandwich
of 3/4" ply with two layers of hardboard overtop. Looking

at the
descriptions of the stuff, it seems like it is similar to

the adhesive
used when applying vinyl tiles, so I'll use my notched

trowel to get
the adhesive on.

I haven't built a router table, but I did build new
countertops (and detached cabinet tops) for our kitchen two
years ago. We used the adhesive recommended by the
manufacturer of our laminate and it was nothing like the stuff
you use for vinyl. This was a 3M product, I can't recall the
name offhand, but it's a thin green liquid that you brush
heavily onto both surfaces, then wait 20-30 min for it to dry.
Once you place the two surfaces in contact and apply pressure
with a j-roller it sticks quite well. I think if you used a
"thick" adhesive like the flooring stuff you might end up with
bumps under your laminate.

Take a look a the wilsonart, nevamar, or formica web pages to
see what they advise.

-Kiwanda