Doug Miller

In article , Renata wrote:
Constitutional refresher.

The very first sentence:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect
Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the
common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings
of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish
this Constitution for the United States of America."

Further refresher:

The remainder of the document enumerates *quite* specifically what the federal
government may and may not do. Amendment X clarifies this by saying, in
essence, that anything that the federal government is not specifically
authorized to do, it may *not* do.

If the government were to confine its expenditures and activities to only
those functions which the Constitution authorizes, it would be much, much
smaller.

--
Regards,