PoP

Default Buying a router - DeWalt DW621 vs...

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:02:24 +0000 (UTC), "Hugh"
wrote:

bought a 'Pro' brand from B & Q (½inch) for £100 - (not the cheaper £80 one)
use it for cutting kitchen worktops (do quite a few) - it's a beauty!
worth a look.

If that's the 2050W jobbie then my experience was wholly different. I
did one worktop and took it back to B&Q for a refund.

Several issues with it, perhaps the worst being that the router
treated the plunge lock as advisory - and ignored it. As I moved
across the workpiece the router would dig deeper into the wood. When I
upgraded to a Trend T9 I saw what a real plunge lock worked like.

Awful piece of kit. Cost me £99 as I recall (I got the £99 back).

PoP

---
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....