tom

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:47:43 -0500, "JackRabbit"
wrote:

When running a new 20 amp circuit, I have seen a few sites that say you can
have up to 12+ outlets on the circuit. Dumb question..... Is a duplex
outlet counted as two ?? I know this question sounds nuts, but I can't seem
to find the answer.

Thank you. BTW, this is for a basement remodel.

imho:

Per the 2002 NEC codes, not limit to dwelling number of recepticles on
a branch.

For commercial(forgive me don't have the book open right now, so look
this up yourself), I believe the limit is 180 va's per outlet, meaning
1.5 volts or 10 outlets per 15a circuit, and or 13 per 20a circuit.

But personally, I wouldn't answer your dwelling question without
knowing what load you intend on putting on it. Example, if it was a
shop you are wiring, I might just go with one outlet if I knew I was
puting something big by it.

hth,

tom @ www.Love-Calculators.com