Lillian Riddle

I tied my washer into the pipe that comes down from the kitchen sink. Just
cut into the plastic drain pipe and put a T connection for the washer drain.
The washer has enough pressure to pump the water up to the line, (about 5
feet overhead) which was a concern, but it works fine.
"orangetrader" wrote in message
I cannot do a laundry sink. A laundry sink will result in a lower
elevation
than the kitchen sink, so there is no way I will be able to run a length
of
pipe about 6' long and still be able to tie into the kitchen drain at a
higher elevation.

I understand that there might be back flow, but I saw a lot of dish washer
has tie-ins to the kitchen drain or even garbage disposal, wouldn't that
have the same problem? yet I have seen it done all the time.

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message
orangetrader wrote:
My laundry drain has a problem,

SNIP

I don't like either solution. Now the laundry drain is in the garage,

along
the wall between my kitchen and garage. What I am thinking is, the

kitchen
sink has a drain, and it is along the exterior wall that is 6 feet from

the
laundry line. Can I not work a line inside that common interior wall -

have
to probably cut holes through a few studs, and once it reaches the

exterior
wall, I can bent the pipe and then lead it to the kitchen drain. There

is a
garbage disposal there, if I can figure out a way to tie them together,

can
I not drain through the kitchen sink drain instead?

Is there any major problem with doing this and leave the other line
just
abandoned?

You *might* get away with it. Depends on the actual size of the
kitchen drain in the wall. If it's 2", I'd try it.

As Scott said, you may have backups (sudsy) in the sink.
You'll have a better chance of success if you install a small
laundry tub in the garage to receive the water, then it will
drain (slowly) into the kitchen drain in the wall.

I'm not convinced that this is a DIY project; there may be
serious venting issues which will need to be solved when the
2 drains are combined.

Jim