The red signal has DC offset (normal)

What do you consider normal, remember this is an inductive load. One
volt might be 5 amps, at full Vcc for that side of the IC. Anything
over =BD a volt is too much, but would not fry it immediately. Weeks
maybe. If it's 2 volts it needs fixed, 2 volts will fry it in minutes

This is not good.

It's about time you get the pinouts and start chcking it from there,
disconnecting certain things. Don't float an input pin to these ICs,
short to ground or a resistor to ground if you need to, floating won't
work in some ICs and I just don't remember if those ICs are OK with a
floating input. I think not,, but I'm not sure, gotta be grounded or
something.

Make sure to disconnect it and not blow what's driving it, some of
those drivers are really low impedance and can fry.

Not usually but it can happen.

JURB