Martin H. Eastburn

Laurie Forbes wrote:

This diverse group has presented many good solutions IMO to problems in both
metal working and others so I thought I would pose a question here.

What are the best ways of controlling carpenter ants? I've been battling
the dammed things for 20 years and they are still trying to eat my house.
I've tried all chemical and mechanical means I've been able to come up with
but they return and get into the house every summer. Any help
appreciated.............

Laurie Forbes

I helped get rid of leaf cutters - but these are tough - have to kill the queen.
Have to find the main hive and use sevin so I hear. Maybe you can find a common
trail and lace it with sevin so it will be tracked in.

One could Gas bag the house.

Cut all woody items away from the house. Don't let bushes or tree limbs touch!
No wood of the house touch the ground.

I think bagging the house is the best bet - take wife to Hotel for the weekend...

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer