jim rozen

In article , Bob Engelhardt says...

Not bad - try pricing 20A receptacles sometimes. But ... who really
needs 20A receptacles? How many tools do you have that draw more than
15A? I don't have any.

The 20 amp receptacles really are built better than the
15 amp versions as a rule. This is true for the inexpensive
versions - compare a hardware store 15 amp vs a 20 amp
one.

When I was doing wiring, the 15 amp ones would explode apart
in my hand when I tightened up the screws on the wire.

Then try comparing a hubbel 20 amp receptacle against the
POS 15 amp ones from the bargain bin. Hard to tell that
they're designed to do the same thing even.

Jim

please reply to: