Victor Grund

m Ransley wrote:
Where does the Excess water go.

It isnt RO unless there is waste water

RO is usualy overkill in the USA, and it removes minerals, necessary
for Good health, I junked mine after full research

The excess water goes into the hot water line. I considered this but
wondered if it might be corrosive for potable water lines and hot water
appliances.

I agree RO is usually overkill. It covers paranoia for people who are
mixing baby formula, etc., and the minority with real issues such as too
much sodium or arsenic. If one is on city water, it's worth noting that
RO removes fluoride. My familyis on a well with undetectable amounts of
fluoride, so it was a non-issue.

I do not believe the claim that removing minerals from water harms
health. One gets the vast majority of these from food, not water.
Imagine how much hard water one would need to drink to get adequate
calcium... There was however a study which linked reduced hardness to a
reduced recurrence of heart attacks in individuals (see
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3396141.stm). While I believe this
merits additional study, I don't think one should jump to conclusions
about health dangers of soft (or RO) water or supposed benefits of
drinking hard water.

Victor