Lobster

Mike wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
Sounds a good idea. Maybe lengths of studding would be better (so as to
be able to bolt them on from both ends?

I think your BCO will trust coach bolts more.

Really? OK, I just thought bolts with a large, visible nut on either
side of the joists sounded more secure.

I think I may well go for your 7*3 idea, at least for the wall side of
the stairs (where I've altready used the masonry-timber joist hangers,
because the metal sides of the joist hangers cover the timber joist as
far as a couple of inches in (ie, just where a coach bolt would want to
go!). So a wider angled joist would let me put a bolt through just past
the end of the joist hanger.

Thanks
David