Sam Goldwasser

Jamie writes:

jason b wrote:
Does anyone know what would cause this to happen :
In my apt, I've got my monitor set up so that it's in my living
room, theres a 'window' to the kitchen where I have my
Microwave. They are around 5' apart. When I turn my microwave on I
get a noticable shaking on my screen. It only has happpened with my
new monitor ( Dell - Sony Trinitron 19" model M991). Do I have
anything to worry about as far as ruining the display ?
tia ,
jason bean

its most likely a voltage drop problem and i don't think its a good
idea to operate your monitor that way. many things in your monitor are
designed to operate at the correct voltage other wise, you may get
area's in the monitor that will actually run hotter than it should due
to improper voltages causing circuits to go off the lim..
i would sugguest getting a UPS for your computer and Monitor.

More likely a magnetic interference problem from the large power transformer
in the microwave.

It isn't harmful except to your sanity.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.