Ol' Duffer

In article ,
says...
In my apt, I've got my monitor set up so that it's in my living
room, theres a 'window' to the kitchen where I have my Microwave. They
are around 5' apart. When I turn my microwave on I get a noticable
shaking on my screen. It only has happpened with my new monitor ( Dell -
Sony Trinitron 19" model M991). Do I have anything to worry about as far
as ruining the display ?

Your microwave generates a strong magnetic field (and to
a lesser degree your house wiring), which can deflect the
monitor's electron beam(s). Some monitors (and microwaves)
are better shielded than others. It won't do permanent
damage, but it can be a nuisance. It may be more or less
noticable on some display modes.