Rubbishrat

"Jamie" wrote in message
jason b wrote:
Does anyone know what would cause this to happen :
In my apt, I've got my monitor set up so that it's in my living room,
theres a 'window' to the kitchen where I have my Microwave. They are
around 5' apart. When I turn my microwave on I get a noticable shaking on
my screen. It only has happpened with my new monitor ( Dell - Sony
Trinitron 19" model M991). Do I have anything to worry about as far as
ruining the display ?

tia ,

jason bean

There's no real danger of doing any permanent damage to the screen, when you
move the monitor away from the powerful alternating magnetic field the
shaking should stop. Its just pulling the beams about inside the CRT. The
field is of course spherical in shape and its strength decreases in
proportion to the inverse of the square of the distance from the oven so
just another foot or so might be enough to stop the shivers. Try it!
Pete