Bruce

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:52:54 -0700, Swingman wrote
(in article ):

Hmmm, I googled "disparate" and got no hits.

Hmmm .... Being bogged down in semantics AND admittedly having to go to
Google to bolster your arguments? ... no damn wonder you're struggling with
the concept.

For your future benefit, any dictionary will give you the definition of
"disparate":

1 : containing or made up of fundamentally different and often incongruous
elements

Gee, thanks. I was looking for the post you were referring too. Google
archives Usenet you know...

I jumped in on your statement
that Appletalk (ATCP) is not a standard when even the IETF has a working
group dedicated to it.

Not exactly, you came from left field with something totally irrelevant
about "PPP. Sounds like you got that from Google also.

No. I build systems implementing protocols from custom hardware. I tend to
dig into details since for something to work it needs to implement all the
details of the protocol.