Dave Jackson

Or brush on contact cement. Either way, be sure to apply two coats of the
contact cement to the substrate and one coat to the laminate. Let the glue
dry to the touch. Put some sticks fairly close together on the substrate
and then place the laminate sheet on top of the sticks. Align the laminate
where you need and remove the sticks as you press the laminate in place. Oh
yea, make sure the two glued surfaces do not touch until it's where you want
it. The bond is instant, and may prove to be impossible to adjust once
bonded. Finally, roll the hell outa it with a j roller, starting in the
middle and working out. --dave

"Phisherman" wrote in message
Contact cement. It looks like honey, spread over the two surfaces
using a credit card, allowed to dry for 10-15 minutes, carefully
press the two together, and roll it out (a J-roller, or rolling pin
works fine). Use plenty of ventilation! Wait till the next day to
trim off the excess.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:33:09 -0600, Prometheus
wrote:

Hello all,

I'm about 60% done with my new router table, and realized that while I
bought myself some formica-style laminate for the top, I negected to
get any adhesive for it. I'm sure some of you guys have made these
before, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for
attaching the laminate to the top. I'm guessing that regular old wood
glue is not going to cut it, and I want to get it right the first time
so I'm not fiddling around with it too much.

Thanks for any advice!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam