Barry N. Turner

You're not really trading up all that much, except in quality, and the Jet
Mini you now have is no slouch in that department. Going from a 10" swing
to a 12" is a barely noticeable increase. If you need more spindle length,
you can always get a bed extension for the Jet for about $50.

I have a friend who has a 1224 and he loves it. Says if he had gotten the
1224 first, he would never have bought his General 260VS. The 1224 is a
great lathe. No question. Quality is never a question with a Oneway of any
size.

I say save your money and take a real step upwards. I just traded up from a
Jet Mini to a Stubby 750. (I say "traded", actually a misnomer because I
still have the Jet Mini and have no plans to get rid of it).

I looked at and/or tried just about every lathe in between, including a
Oneway 1224 and 2436. None was exactly what I was looking for. The Stubby
is. I doubt Stubby is any better than Oneway, just better suited for my
style of turning. Good luck in your quest.

Barry

"Larry Day" wrote in message
I currently use a Jet Mini lathe but know a guy who has a OneWay 1224 that
he may be selling. I was curious if someone could give me an idea of

price
for a used 1224. I have also be coveting a larger lathe such as a Stubby.
Would the 1224 be a waste of money if what I really want is a "big boy"
lathe. I'm sure some of you out there have made several incremental
purchases, so your advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Larry