Travis Jordan

CID wrote:
am I correct to say that if they accepted my offer VERBALLY during the
original deal, are they ethically or legally force to go through the
deal?

do I have any legal ground to raise some hell on this?

Don't know about BC, but here in Florida an offer to purchase (and a
commitment to sell) aren't valid until presented in writing. Since all
parties to the transaction understand that it isn't a legal or ethical
issue.

Am I right to say the whole thing sounds very suspicious? not able to
contact the owner agent for 2 days.. making my offer wait and wait..

It sounds like the buyer may be psyching you out. They are under no
obligation to accept or reject your offer within the timeframe you
specify.

I told him that i was getting tired of looking at houses..and that i
wanted the house i placed a bid for. however i am not increasing my
offer as it was originally accepted. I also asked him if he though i
had legal grounds to talk to the management ( real state office )
regarding this fiasco!.

I think you're wasting your time, and that of your agent. You can
submit another written offer (at a higher, or lower price than your
previous offer) and see what happens. If the buyer wants to respond to
it (via a written acceptance or a counter-offer) then you are back in
negotiations. Otherwise, you are at a dead end.

Hope this helps.