m Ransley

As I said I have used Stop Pay 3 times recently on crooked hacks.
As long as you had the intention of paying for a good job [ and you
did pay ] and HAD the funds in your account and, Can , and will have
to prove it , it is not a bad check. If it was a deception-bad check ,
here he could sue for 3 times the amount + court costs. But that
obviously isn`t the case for you. It is his failure to provide cleanup
or his insurance co. name that is your issue.

Did he advertise or state verbaly or in writing he has insurance ?
or a lisence ? or bond?

Next time, you get the insurers name and a cert of insurance before
any work starts on anything. Hacks lie.

If you are worried call the police today and explain everything,
you will feel better.

Also it is advisable to go to your courthouse and check suits on
file for whatever you do next, I learned the hard way.. The last guy I
hired looses 3-4 cases a year, and spends a few months in jail a year
from not re-paying people he has ripped off. Cal the police, talk to
an officer, you will sleep better with them knowing the facts.